Difference between revisions of "Use cases"
|Line 190:||Line 190:|
== Bootstrap mobile profile for eSIMs ==
== Bootstrap mobile profile for eSIMs ==
Revision as of 06:29, 16 July 2018
- 1 Distribution of prepaid mobile services with zero acquisition cost
- 2 New sales channel via IoT device vendors
- 3 Additional revenue for roaming department
- 4 Global SIM-cards for "silent roamers"
- 5 Global coverage with local rates for subscribers
- 6 Upsell for customers who travel
- 7 ARPU growth on Value-Added services
- 8 Sponsored data from Service Providers
- 9 New revenue stream on "Identity-as-a-Service"
- 10 Real-time Data Clearing without intermediators
- 11 Bootstrap mobile profile for eSIMs
- 12 "Subscription Management Data Preparation"-as-a-Service
- 13 "Financial House"-as-a-Service
Distribution of prepaid mobile services with zero acquisition cost
Any mobile operator can publish Offers on own mobile services onto Blockchain. It takes just 15 minutes to start:
* Quick start with zero investments * New customers with zero acquisition cost * Agreements and integration are not required.
New sales channel via IoT device vendors
Any IoT device vendor can produce "connected" devices, with easy connectivity to a local mobile network via embedded SIM-card (eSIM). In order to realize this case, some problems should be resolved:
* How to provide choosing of a local mobile operator and its tariff plan * How to pay for its services * How to download its mobile profile onto eSIM
Blockchain Telecom provides easy solution for device vendors and mobile operators:
* Buyer of the mobile device selects one of available Offers via Bubbletone app, customized for the device vendor * Payment is realized via built-in payment system which supports most of popular payment methods * After the payment, a new "Request" smart-contract is created for the Offer Assignee * By processing the smart-contract, a local mobile profile is downloaded onto eSIM using Subscription Management Platform
Benefits for all participants:
* Convenient for end-users * New revenue stream on telecom services for device vendors * New customers with zero acquisition cost for mobile carriers
Additional revenue for roaming department
Any mobile operator can publish Offers for countries, where it doesn't operate but have low roaming rates on mobile data and voice. As a result, its roaming department starts earning on third-party customers who travel to destinations outside of the operator's domestic country:
It's a win-win solution for all participants:
* Your roaming department gains additional revenue on new destinations * Your roaming partner serves a new customer with zero acquisition cost * The subscriber has mobile services with affordable prices.
Global SIM-cards for "silent roamers"
Most of mobile operators serve "silent roamers" by selling them one-time prepaid SIM-cards online or on arrival. But this business model is low-effective:
* High acquisition cost: production, logistics, point of sales, sales persons, etc. * Low LTV (Life Time Value) because of short servicing period * Low ARPU (Average Revenue per User) because of limited number of services.
- Increase revenue per customer: the product is workable around the world, not in one country only
- Increase LTV: the product could be useful even in user’s domestic country as a second SIM-card
- New revenue streams: International calls, Packages with Value-Added Services, Identity-as-a-Service
- Easier-to-Sell: The product has additional value for customers and competitive advantages on the prepaid market
A customer has many useful features with customizable mobile app:
* Check balance * Add credits * Select packages with value-added services * Check local rates on mobile data and VoIP calls * Voice-over-IP calls * Video conferences
Global coverage with local rates for subscribers
In order to serve the premium segment, any mobile operator should provide global connectivity with reasonable rates for its subscribers. But signing hundreds of roaming agreements in combination with complex integration and settlement processes make this mission hard-to-reach, especially for small and medium-sized telecom players.
Blockchain technology helps building interaction between mobile operators without agreements, commitments and integration. It's enough to produce Multi-Account SIM-cards or eSIMs, and distribute them among the Premium segment. These cards allows downloading of local mobile profiles "over-the-air", via encrypted SMS or data channel.
* Quick start without agreements and complex integration * Global coverage with local rates * Convenient for subscribers.
Upsell for customers who travel
There are many Non-Telecom Offers in the Blockchain Telecom Ecosystem. So it's easy to build an aggregated Offer for subscribers which includes both Telecom and Non-Telecom services.
* 3 GB Europe * Unlimited Wi-Fi * Travel insurance ---- $29 per business trip.
By selection the Package, several "Request" smart-contracts are created on the Blockchain. Each provider receives the "Request", accepts it and prepares to serve the customer.
It's a win-win solution for all parties:
* Revenue & profit growth for the mobile carrier * New customer with zero acquisition cost for the service-provider * "One-click" purchasing for the subscriber.
ARPU growth on Value-Added services
Any mobile operator is able to bundle Telecom and Non-Telecom services into Premium Monthly Packages.
For example, to build a "Business package":
* Domestic 20 GB + 1000 minutes * 3 GB Asia * 3 GB America * Personal Cloud * Antivirus * Popular Business Apps * Travel insurance ---- $49 per month
Or a "Student package":
* Domestic 10 GB * 1 GB Asia * 1 GB America * Learning English * Music * Audiobooks ---- $25 per month
Such packages have 50 - 70% discount comparing to direct purchasing of all the services:
|20 GB + 1000 minutes||$25|
|3 GB Asia||$50|
|3 GB America||$50|
|Popular Business Apps||$10|
On the one hand, a mobile carrier pays for consumed services only. On the other hand, a subscriber doesn't use all the services included into the Package.
So total costs on the consumed services are less than retail price of the Package, e.g.:
|10 GB + 200 minutes||$8|
|2 GB Asia||$14|
|Popular Business Apps||$5|
Proper bundling of the Telecom and Non-Telecom Offers provides:
* Revenue growth * Profit growth * New marketing opportunities * Launch with zero investments
Sponsored data from Service Providers
All service providers are interested in new customers, so most of them have referral programs to reward referrals for promoting of the services. Mobile operators have direct access to subscribers, so it's reasonable to increase their loyalty by providing free mobile traffic (so-called "Sponsored data") after purchasing services such as tickets, booking hotels or cars, taxi services and so on.
New revenue stream on "Identity-as-a-Service"
* Easy start * Complies with General Data Protection Rules * New business model: "pay-per-identification" * Permanent revenue stream on identity service
Real-time Data Clearing without intermediators
* Real-time control of non-matched records * No integration of billing systems * No intermediators for data clearing.
Bootstrap mobile profile for eSIMs
eSIM standard requires pre-installation of bootstrap mobile profile during manufacturing of eSIMs. Any device vendor who produces "connected" devices, has to find a provider of the bootstrap profile. And any small and medium-sized mobile operator should solve the same issue.
Blockchain Telecom Ecosystem simplifies this process by building an open marketplace of bootstrap mobile profiles from proven mobile carriers. As a result, any device vendor or mobile operator is able to create a "Request" smart-contract to any provider for required amount of bootstrap profiles. All settlements and profile management are via Blockchain transactions.
"Subscription Management Data Preparation"-as-a-Service
"Remote SIM Provisioning (RSP)" standard was developed by Association of mobile operators called "GSMA" and described in SGP.02 specification. It requires expensive platforms such as Subscription Management Data Preparation (SM-DP) and Subscription Management Secure Routing ones.
Any mobile carrier or service-provider who owns certified SM-DP and SM-SR platform, is able to publish Offers on mobile profile preparation and downloading, with "pay-per-transaction" fee. The service is high-demanded by device vendors, small & medium-sized mobile operators. Usage of Blockchain technology eliminates complex agreements and integration between participants.
All settlements inside the Blockchain Telecom Ecosystem are made in stable crypto-currency SDRt which is pegged to [SDR]. Multiple volatile crypto-currencies presented on the market (like Bitcoin, Ether and others) are not applicable for settlements in real business.
The main requirements for SDRt are following:
* Guaranteed with FIAT money * Protected of speculative games on currency exchanges * Quick transactions (within seconds) between participants, without intermediators like banks * Issued and redeemed on requests by mobile operators participated in the Ecosystem.
In order to build such sustainable SDRt flow system, it's necessary to involve professional financial players like Financial Clearing Houses. Their main functions could be as follows:
* Process requests from mobile operators to issue and redeem SDRt * Control FIAT payments to / from bank account in a trusted bank in order to guarantee SDRt liquidity * Mutual control to eliminate intermediators and to keep the Ecosystem decentralized.
The main participants are depicted below:
When any mobile operator would like to buy SDRt, it creates a new request to one of Financial Houses and then makes FIAT payment to the bank account. When bank transfer is completed, other Financial Houses checks the bank account statement and approves SDRt issue transaction:
All payments between mobile operators are made in SDRt via Blockchain transactions, without any intermediators. All transactions are validated by all mobile operators in order to build trusted ledger of transactions:
When any mobile operator would like to redeem SDRt, it creates a new request to one of Financial Houses. This request is validated by other Financial Houses, with approval to the bank to transfer FIAT to the mobile operator:
The FIAT - SDRt Flow diagrams are under discussion with participants of the Blockchain Telecom Ecosystem.